When I’m not stuffing my face with meat, I love to eat potatoes. Being an Idaho girl, I feel like I know my way around potatoes pretty well. Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite kinds. This Twice Baked Sweet Potato recipe is so perfect in its presentation. It makes a super tasty and super pretty side dish to nearly anything. If you want to go a little crazy, I think it would go awesome with a veggie burger. I hope you all will eat some good stuff this weekend!
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
2 sweet potatoes, lightly pricked all over with a fork
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons milk
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup feta, crumbled (plus extra for garnish)
1 tablespoon minced thyme
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until sweet potatoes have softened.
3. Once sweet potatoes have cooled enough to handle, slice each potato in half and carefully scoop the flesh out into a mixing bowl (be sure not to tear the skins).
4. Begin mashing warm sweet potatoes with butter, milk and garlic until smooth. Salt with salt and pepper.
5. Fold in feta and thyme until fully combined. Scoop mixture into a piping bag, fitted with a large star tip, and pipe potatoes back into the sweet potato “shells.”
6. Bake sweet potatoes for an additional 10-15 minutes, top with crumbled feta and chopped pecan and serve.