The best place to search for medical laboratory equipment sales and service in New York is online. Browsing online directories would provide you with hundreds of names. Visit and explore dealer websites and shortlist a few. Once that is accomplished, choose one dealer based on the lab equipment offered as well as prices and after-sales support.
Buying Laboratory Equipment in New York – Things to Consider
Many factors need to be considered when you choose your medical device supplier:
- Inventory: See if the dealer offers all the equipment your lab would require. Ideally, your supplier’s medical laboratory equipment inventory should include hematology analyzers, coagulation analyzers, chemistry analyzers, microscopes, blood gas analyzers, differential counters, spectrophotometers, DNA analyzers, flow cytometers, histology equipment, microbiological systems, autoclaves, and so on. Make sure that the equipment comes from leading brands.
- New and recertified devices: It’s important that your dealer offers both new and recertified devices. Brand new equipment allows you the advantage of the latest technology. This is necessary when your lab needs to conduct new or advanced tests or procedures. On the other hand, there are many instances when recertified devices would suffice. Conducting standard operations on used devices offers the same level of accuracy as on new. Moreover, if your lab has budget constraints, the best way to deal with this is to go for refurbished medical equipment. Make sure your New York dealer has a proper system in place to ensure proper refurbishment. This means that the used devices you purchase should have been put through a thorough reconditioning and repair process to ensure that it works as well as new. Regardless of whether you are purchasing new or used equipment, check for quality, accuracy, durability and warranty.
- Models: There are various models of the same type of lab equipment. This is important. For instance, an analyzer model with fewer functional capabilities may fit the requirements of smaller and medium-sized labs. A large-sized lab may perform more tests and would require a model with more functions. Similarly, if your lab has space limitations, you would be better off with a space-saving, benchtop model of a particular device. In short, make sure that the supplier has the type of model that best suit your requirements.
- Support service: Your New York laboratory equipment supplier should also be one that provides proper installation and service support. Setting up the equipment and training your laboratory staff to use it is important. So also, the dealer should be able to provide timely maintenance and repair services to reduce lab and equipment downtime.
- Reagents and consumables: Does your dealer offer reagents and consumables you require? It’s important to be ensured of a steady supply of these products if you want your lab to operate without hiccups.
Competitively Priced Medical Laboratory Equipment
In these times of recession, it’s important that you are assured of competitive prices for anything you buy. So when you compare suppliers, make sure you partner with a company offering medical laboratory equipment sales and service in New York at the most competitive rates.
About the Author
Block Scientific is a leading medical laboratory equipment supplier in New York, offering a wide range of laboratory products, from the industry's most respected manufacturers. Established in 1980 and with over thirty years experience, Block Scientific can meet all your medical equipment needs, affordably and efficiently.