Chromite Resource Mining and Production in India
Linkedin

Chromite Resource Mining and Production in India

Mumbai : India | Jun 13, 2012 at 1:33 AM PDT
XX XX
Views: Pending
 
graphite benefication plant in china

As per UNFC system, total resources of chromite in the country as on 1.4.2010 are estimated at 203 million tonnes, comprising 54 million tonnes reserves (27%) and 149 million tonnes remaining resources (73%). More than 93% resources of chromite are located in Odisha, mostly in the Sukinda valley in Cuttack and Jajpur districts. Minor deposits are scattered over Manipur, Nagaland, Karnataka, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. Gradewise, charge-chrome grade accounts for 36% resources followed by ferro- chrome grade (19%), beneficiable grade (17% ) and refractory grade 5%. Low, others, unclassified and not known grades together account for 23% .

GSI carried out reconnaissance stage investigation for chromite around Maulabhanj and Tangeria areas in Dhenkanal district, Odisha, along the transition zone of Eastern Ghat Mobile Belt (Pulverizer suppliers in India)and Iron Ore Super Group towards south of Sukinda ultramafic complex. Large scale mapping supported by pitting/trenching could establish presence of a linear chromiferous zone over 0.35 sq. km. The visual estimate indicates 20-25% Cr 2 O3 . Earlier, samples collected from old pits analysed Cr 2 O3 from 29.17 to 49.43% & Fe2 O3 from 17.72% to 34.33%.

In Jharkhand, prospecting stage investigation for gold, nickel, PGE and chromite were conducted in Tilaitnar- Sobhapur area in East & West Singhbhum district. Trench samples were being analysed for continuing exploration in the delineated, promising areas. In Manipur reconnaissance study was carried out in ophiolite belt where 3 discontinous lenses of massive chromite were observed within serpentinised ultramafics. Exploration was also carried out by Facor Ltd, the details of which are furnished,jet mill for grinding india(jet mill for grinding india).

The production of chromite(Chromite ore beneficiation plants India) at 3,413 thousand tonnes during 2009-10 decreased by 16% as compared to the previous year owing to uncertainty in market condition and dip in demand. The number of reporting mines was 23 in 2009-10 as compared to 24 in the preceding year. Six principal producers operating 12 mines together accounted for 91% of the total production during the year. The contribution of 13 mines, each producing more than 20,000 tonnes per annum, was 99.67 % of the total production.

The share of public sector in total production was 18% in 2009-10 as compared to that of 29% in the previous year. About 34% of the total production was reported from captive mines in the current year as compared to 38% in the previous year. Odisha continued to be the major producing state of chromite, accounting for 99.81% production during 2009-10. The remaining was reported from Karnataka and Maharashtra,sand and gravel suppliers in india(sand and gravel suppliers in india).

Grade wise analysis of production during 2009-10 reveals that 52 % & above Cr 2 O3 lumps and fines accounted for 14% (Lumps marginal and Fines 14%), 40%-52% Cr 2 O3, for 28% (Lumps 3% and Fines 25%), below 40% Cr 2 O3 for 42% (Lumps 5% and Fines 37%) and chromite concentrates 16% of the total production (Tables 3 to 7). Mine-head stocks of chromite at the end of 2009-10 decreased by 13% to 1,945 thousand tonnes as compared to 2,238 thousand tonnes at the beginning of the year. The entire stocks were held in Odisha (Tables 8A & 8B). The average daily employment of labour in chromite mines during 2009-10 was 5,369 against 6,359 in the previous year. Domestic prices of chromite are furnished in the General Review on Prices.

1 of 1
Total is the leading operator in the sector in the Congo with 60 percent of production
Total is the leading operator in the sector in the Congo with 60 percent of production
Michael416 is based in Beijing, Beijing, China, and is a Stringer for Allvoices.
Report Credibility
 
  • Clear
  • Share:
  • Share
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
 
 
 
Advertisement
 

Blogs

 >

Images

 >
 

More From Allvoices

Report Your News Got a similar story?
Add it to the network!

Or add related content to this report



Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.