The 2012 World Environment Day is one the corner, so what practical actions will you do to protect environment? Just pull your finger out to do something. Last time we discussed about the amazing forest on the world are disappearing day by day, so today we'll continue to discuss how to save paper for the sake of environment protection.
Why save paper? Whether we are working in office or staying at home, saving paper is definitely an ideal method to cut down office running cost and household expenditure. Although it's convenient to note something on a paper book or print documents on paper sheets, the paper-use reduction is of great help in reducing trash that we created every day. What's more, saving paper is a practical yet easy-to-do thing that everyone can do to prevent green trees from being chopped down. It is said that no consumption is no damage, so saving paper become an important part in eco-friendly lifestyle.
How to save paper?
1. Save paper while printing and copying. When you are planning to print or copy something, please make sure that which document or which page you have to print or copy. After you chose the content, please take little time to shrink 10-page document to fit on 8 sheets or less, so that you can save several paper sheets breezily. Then please make sure to print or copy your files on both sides of a paper sheet instead of wasting more papers.
2. Save paper in daily life. We may use a lot napkins, paper bags, paper towels etc in daily life. If replace these paper-made daily necessities by cloth-made towels or bags, and we will reduce a large amount of paper waste in daily life.
3. Reuse partly-used paper. Have you ever tried to throw away the paper that it was used on one side or on half paper? Never consider that these sheets are useless. Actually, the one side printed paper can be reused for printing or copying, and half-used sheets can be cut into smaller sheets for creating notepad, demo etc.
4. Create a paperless office. A paperless office means electric or digitized office work, such as send fax online instead of realistic paper fax, send letters and documents via email instead of printed paper sheets, use digital publishing software to digitize paper brochures, booklet, flyers, magazine, handbook etc.
5. Collect recyclable paper. Collect newspapers, books, handbills, or advertising flyers together, and then inform your local paper recycling centre about the big collection. You know that if each person collects 1kg recyclable paper, then it can save many green trees from being cut down.
There are too many ways to reduce paper waste and save paper sheets. According to statics, about 35% cut-down trees had been used for producing papers in the past 40 years. As a result, the forest cover also decreases rapidly. The forest sounds like the green clothes of earth, so let's try our best to keep the clothes of earth forever green and make our life greener.
To view more information about digital publications producer flip page software at Kvisoft.com.