Siann Parkinson, a 2-year toddler was playing in the King's Park in Bournemouth with her mother Annabel Parkinson and their dog Jessie, a Staffordshire terrier and was doing barrel rolls in the grass when she fell on an abandoned hypodermic syringe lying in the grass - it was that of a drug addict!!
This has been reported in mailonline dated the 4th of June 2012.
Immediately the mother 25-year old Annabel, a hairdresser by profession, rushed with her daughter to the hospital for a Hepatitis B injection and blood tests.
However, she has a long wait ahead of her to know whether her daughter Siann has contracted the dreaded HIV/AIDS.
The procedure involves a second round of blood tests in June-July followed by comparison with the current data to arrive at any conclusion.
This unfortunate incident was just one of those things that happen all of a sudden and leave people worried to death.