The laboratory equipment industry is booming, and there are now a plethora of choices available when it comes to buying spectrophotometers. The equipment is widely used in research and industrial laboratories for varied applications. There are many aspects that need to be considered when buying spectrophotometers for laboratories.
Important Variables to Consider
Buying a new spectrophotometer is always a daunting task. There are tons of things to consider.
- Brand: These are available from different brands in a variety of detection wavelength ranges. Make sure to purchase a product offered by trusted manufacturers. UNICO is a leading manufacturer that offers various spectrophotometer models. UNICO spectrophotometers are much appreciated for their reliability and functionality. Popular models available from this manufacturer are:
-S-1000 VIS -- 110V
-S-1100 VIS, 110V
-S-1200 VIS, 110V
- S2150 Series
-SQ2800 UV/VIS, 110V-220V, which include the SQ-2802, SQ-2802S, SQ-2802PC, and SQ-2802PCS
-SQ3802 UV/VIS, 110V-220V
-SQ4802 UV/VIS, 110V-220V
- Features and technical specifications: If you want to buy a uv-vis spectrophotometer, buy one that meets your specific requirements. Most models come equipped with exclusive features that ensure consistent performance and facilitate speedy completion of tasks. So it is important to study the equipment closely. Make a careful comparison of features and specifications of the different models in the market. Nowadays, most devices come with premium features such as:
- Large digital display
- Solid State Detector for entire wavelength range
- Built-in filters for easy operation
- Wide wavelength range
- Single beam spectroscopy
- Auto zero function
Feature wise, it is also important to look for ease of use.
- Budget: Your budget is another deciding factor. Brand new devices are quite costly. Compare the prices and choose a competitively priced model that best meets your lab needs.
- Reliable dealer: It is so important to take the time to research the equipment as well as suppliers. Make sure to partner with a supplier you can really trust. Reputation and experience are the two factors to consider when it comes to choosing a lab equipment dealer. Also make sure that your chosen dealer would provide ongoing personal support services, service and repair solutions.
- Shipping options: Assure that the dealer provides flexible shipping options and can ensure timely delivery of the product
Considering all of the above-mentioned factors, can in the purchase of reliable UV/VIS spectrophotometers for laboratories. Before buying the product, make sure it comes with proper warranty. Reading product reviews can also help you source reliable laboratory equipment.
About the Author
Block Scientific is a global company dedicated to supplying good value lab equipment. Our lab products inculde chemistry analyzers, centrifuges, hematology analyzers, microscopes, spectrophotometers and much more.