Ryan Hart, 14, and his mother Jamie Vail, went to Arby's restaurant on N. West Avenue in Jackson, Mich., on May 11, for a quick bite after school, but when Ryan bit into the roast beef sandwich he ordered there was a piece he described as ‘particularly rubbery.’
Ryan spat out the utterly inedible piece and discovered it was a part of a human finger measuring about one-inch long and a quarter-inch thick, Huffington Post said.
Reportedly, a restaurant employee cut off her finger with a meat slicer while preparing a meal and left in a hurry for treatment without notifying her co-workers who continued to complete the order.
The teen’s mom said her son was ‘traumatized’ following the discovery “He hasn’t been able to sleep very good. He’s really worried lately and he doesn’t want to catch anything.”
After getting his blood drawn, Ryan was given prescribed medication and was reported to be doing fine.
When asked how he felt eating the strange ingredient, he said “I was about to puke... It was just nasty."