MUMBAI, India (Fri, May 18) – The owner of Kolkata Knightriders Shahrukh Khan may be banned to enter cricket stadium in Mumbai after a brawl with stadium security staff and officials during an Indian Premier League (IPL) match on Wednesday night.
The Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) is scheduled to hold a meeting today (Friday, May 18) to discuss a move to ban Shahrukh Khan from entering Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium.
Vilasrao Deshmukh, the president of MCA, had said earlier that there was a suggestion before the association to ban Mr Khan from entering the stadium. Deshmukh will preside the MCA meeting today to decide on the issue.
The MCA has indicted Shahrukh Khan of misbehaving during an Indian Premier League (IPL) match against the hosts Mumbai Indians on May 16. MCA officials have also lodged a police complaint against the Shahrukh Khan.
Shahrukh has defended his actions saying he became angry after the security "manhandled" youngsters, including his own kids, accompanying him.
Shahrukh Khan clarified his position saying that the stadium officials had been "very rude" to him.
"They were extremely aggressive. Some of the things they said I don't even want to repeat. And yes I got angry," he told reporters on Thursday.
Khan further told that he had not watched the match but gone to the stadium to pick up a group of 30 youngsters and his own children who had watched the match.