Highest Paid Singers of the 90’s
(My Music Rants)
90’s is the best year of my life, well at least for me yes! Looking back yesterday, life was easier and simple then compared today, right? And music became one of our essential connection towards life. 90’s is the best year season of my life where nothing is very complicated like everything doesn’t make much sense, I mean I was a young, carefree child who just play around and buy candies. :P~
But from then on, I ought to quickly be matured due to my early responsibilities. Although I stand before my given responsibilities, I still remember those moments I had when in 90’s, music became my drug and my relief towards my obstacles in life. Where I began to admire and dream about something wild. Not to mention that I was kind of role playing my idols before like Spice Girls, Porno on VHS or betamax (lol), because computers, laptops and other gadgets weren't in vogues yet. So there are no Iphone Porn Videos yet as well. What’s much popular back in the days is the radio, well it still exist today but most people use computers, iPod, iPad tabs or any devices that makes it easier to listen to music. I usually ask my mom to buy me a cd or cassette of my favorite artist but if I don't have money I tend to record the songs on my component from the radio or TV and wait for my favorite music to be tuned in. :)), and TLC. Groove like and sing like Cher, pretty weird huh? Yeah I know. While some people rather listens to nice and slow music, and some preferred watching
The 90’s era was the great years that showed us all kinds of great music which kept on growing and evolving too much up to these days that music seem to have suffered wear and tear, ‘coz the public’s taste in music changed also but for me.. I don’t know, it’s rare that I would get to love a song from nowadays mainstream music, like it’s becoming song-making just for money and not much quality or sincerity in the songs anymore. Very different back then that’s I really miss those days, where it wasn't that complicated as today's generation and sadly those days are over. Nowadays, I listen more to 90’s music than today’s music- heck I’ll be listening to 90’s music forever ‘till I die, that’s how I love those timeless hits! Nothing compares to old music style. Every generation has their own sound that defines who they are and what time proves to be the most meaningful and probably the happiest times of our lives. Although I still listen to all these stuff I grew up with as a child, it makes me look back and reminisce, flashbacks from yesterday. And for that I listed down some of the greatest artists at the time..
Here are the highest paid singers/bands of the 90s:
1.- Multi-million dollar contracts with Virgin Records established her to become the highest paid singer artist in the industry in year 1991.
2. Beyonce Knowles - Rose to fame as the lead singer of the R&B girl group Destiny's Child in the late 1990’s and became one of the world's best-selling girl groups of all time. She has evolved into an amazing solo performing artist.
3. Britney Spears - Signed with Jive Records in 1997 and became a prominent figure in mainstream popular music and culture which followed by a much-published personal life integrated into her songs and had proved effective, selling over 170 million albums worldwide.
4. Spice Girls - British pop girl group signed for Virgin Records in 1996 with their first album “SPICE” with a carrying single "Wanna Be" which became a number ONE hit in more than 30 countries and helped establish the group as a "global phenomenon" ever since, sold more than 88 million records worldwide. Making them the greatest girl band ever in world history.
5. Backstreet Boys - An American vocal boy group formed from Orlando, Florida in the late 1993. Sold over 130 million records worldwide.
6. Boyz II Men - Found fame by Motown Records in 1990. American R&B vocal group, more popularly known for their emotional ballads and a cappella harmonies. Sold more than 60 million albums worldwide.
7. Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - American hip-hop band from Cleveland, formed in 1991. Consisted of rappers to Ruthless Records. Sold 80 million albums worldwide.
Everything seems to be technologic and materialistic. And music today is innovative and merely gone out of the box. I remember songs had so much meaning and power and would definitely send a shiver down to your spine or tears from your eyes if it's related to how you were feeling at the time, it still exists today though but many songs nowadays are just non-sense and some have gone too far. I think people should go for music that brings a solid positive message, songs that could alter lives and artists that inspire..
"Music should never be just on the radio, it’s in peoples hearts, it's at the subconscious shows, in your memory and written in history…"