International envoyhas informed the Security Council members on Thursday that Syria has not fully complied with the terms of his peace plan.
Under Kofi Annan's six-point plan for Syria, the cease-fire is to be followed by the deployment of an observer mission and negotiations between Assad’s government and the opposition on a political transition.
Earlier, Syrian opposition said that on Thursday morning three hours after the start of the cease-fire, the situation was reportedly calm.No major violations of the ease-fire were reported.
On Wednesday, Syria's Defense Ministry announced the ending of its military operations. It nevertheless warned that its forces would respond to any "terrorist" attack. The insurgents, meanwhile, already said they would respect the deadlines set by the plan.
For its part, the Syrian opposition has said it will honor the cease-fire if the government troops pull out of cities until Thursday.
The head of the Syrian National Council Burhan Ghalioun called on Syrians to take to the streets to rally, despite the fact that his Council had earlier admitted that the cease-fire was observed, AFP news reported.
Regime forces attacked in the north while dozens of arrests were made. At least nine people were killed.
One civilian was killed on the road to the city of Mharde in the province of Hama, either by shooting of security forces or or by the "Shabbiha" (pro-regime militias), according to Rami Abdel Rahman, president of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR).
The first assessment BY the Syrian National Council (SNC), the main opposition to the regime of Bashar al-Assad, speaks about violations. "We find that heavy weapons are still in residential areas," said the spokesman of SNC Bassma Kodmani. "Some have simply been repositioned," he added.
The Syrian news agency SANA said that an army officer was killed and 24 people were injured in Aleppo, the second largest city, in an attack by an "armed terrorist group." A bus carrying officers to their place of work was targeted by an explosive device, which "undermines all efforts to find a political solution to the crisis," according to state television.
The attack occurred two hours after the entry into force at 0600 (Syria time) of the cease-fire in Syria.
Meanwhile, Syria's interior ministry on Thursday called on refugees who escaped to Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon to come home.
According to the UN estimates, over the last year already 25,000 Syrians have fled to Turkey as as 24,000 Syrians have fled to Lebanon
In Jordan, an interior ministry official said the country was now hosting 95,000 Syrian refugees, AP news reported.