Barbecue fumes kill a 6-year old girl on a camping holiday
Linkedin

Barbecue fumes kill a 6-year old girl on a camping holiday

Southampton : United Kingdom | Apr 07, 2012 at 7:50 PM PDT
XX XX
Views: Pending
 
bransgore

6-year old Isabelle Harris had been on a camping holiday in New Forest, Bransgore, Hampshire, with her parents Lee and Tracy – unfortunately, death snatched her away from her parents.

The three of them had enjoyed barbecue and, suddenly, Isabelle began to feel uncomfortable. She was experiencing difficulties in breathing.

Her parents tried to resuscitate her but she was not responding. In panic, they rushed her to the Southampton General Hospital but she died of cardiac arrest on the way.

The police initially suspected foul play and murder and even arrested the parents. But released them later since initial reports tended to indicate that Isabelle might have suffered carbon monoxide poisoning from the toxic fumes of the barbecue.

Details would be known only after the results of the toxicology tests are received.

The incident has been reported in the Telegraph of the 7th of April 2012.

1 of 3
Next
barbecue picnic
view of fumes in a barbecue picnic
prabirghose is based in Nāshik, Maharashtra, India, and is an Anchor for Allvoices.
Report Credibility
 
  • Clear
  • Share:
  • Share
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
 
 
 
Advertisement
 

News Stories

 
  • Camping site tragedy girl 'poisoned by a BBQ': 'She was our whole world,' ...

      Mail Online UK
    7 April 2012 A six-year-old girl who died on a family camping holiday may have been poisoned by carbon monoxide from a barbecue. Isabelle Harris's parents are believed to have had a barbecue on Thursday afternoon close to where they had pitched their...
  • Barbecue smoke ‘killed tent girl'

      The Sun UK
    Stories Isabelle Harris is thought to have inhaled deadly carbon monoxide fumes as she lay in her sleeping bag on an Easter break. Her mum Tracey and husband Lee, 30, had cooked an afternoon barbecue with pals as they celebrated Tracey's 40th...
  • Barbeque probe for campsite death

    Barbeque fumes link to Isabelle Harris death investigated Paramedics were called to the rural spot just after midnight on Friday The possibility a six-year old girl died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning at a Hampshire campsite is being...
  • Coroner fails to establish cause of Isabelle Harris' death after she fell ...

      Mail Online UK
    Isabelle Harris became ill at Holmsley campsite in the New Forest, Hampshire on Friday and suffered  a heart attack on the way to Southampton Hospital. Histology and toxicology reports have now been ordered in an attempt to discover why the little...
  • Campsite Death Parents: She Was Our Whole World

      Sky News
    Isabelle Harris died in the early hours of Friday morning in hospital after suffering a cardiac arrest at the Holmsley campsite in the New Forest, Hampshire. Lee and Tracey Harris, from Gosport, Hants, said in a statement: "We are all absolutely...
  • Dead campsite girl's parents devastated

      The Independent
    As a student from a middling state school approaching the end of my time in higher education, I thin... The election of George Galloway as the new MP for Bradford West is still to sink in. Imagine this hypothetical scenario whereby Fred owns a...

Blogs

 >

Images

 >
 

More From Allvoices

Report Your News Got a similar story?
Add it to the network!

Or add related content to this report



Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.