1. Pittsburgh Pirates. How's that for a 2012 apocalyptic moment! The Pittsburgh Pirates will win the NL Central Division. The Pirates continue to get better. Adding veteran arms such asand Erik Bedard will solidify the rotation. Adding Casey McGehee to the already stacked lineup of , Garrett Jones, and Neil Walker will make the Pirates even more potent. The bullpen is also pretty good.
2. Cincinnati Reds. I would have picked the Reds to win the Division, but closeris out for the entire season.
3. St. Louis Cardinals. Losing a manager of the caliber of Tony LaRussa could mean as much as a fifteen game dip. Losing Pujols hurts too. At the very least, the clubhouse chemistry will be better. Not having Chris Carpenter at the start of the season will hurt too.
4. Chicago Cubs. I'm putting the Cubs a little bit higher than expected because the team will play with more effort this season under new manager Dale Sveum.
5. Milwaukee Brewers. Nothing is wrong with their pitching. However, everything is wrong with their lineup. Ryan Braun hitting .087 in Spring Training doesn't help either.
6. Houston Astros. The Astros will be playing for the #1 pick in next season's MLB Draft.