ISLAMABAD, Apr 03: Hafiz Saeed, chief of Jammat ul Dawah, who is suspected of 26/11 Mumbai attacks and currently facing US announcement of a $10 million bounty, says that he has been living a free life and does not harbour any fears from US.
During media interaction, he says that US’ main headache is the formidable and successful launch of religious conglomerate ‘Defence of Pakistan Council’, which it regards as the main hindrance against drone attacks on tribal areas of Pakistan and restoration of NATO supply lines.
Hafiz says that if US has any complaints, it can approach him and strongly rejected possibility of US carrying out a covert operation against him like it conducted to take out Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad on May 2.
Defending himself, the JuD chief says that Pakistan Supreme Court had already absolved him of any involvement. He views the US announcement as an attempt to please Indian lobby.
The US on Monday announced an award of up to $10 million for information leading to arrest and conviction of Saeed and $2 million for Hafiz Adbul Rahman Makki, under the Rewards for Justice programme, for information on the wanted persons.
Ahead of Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari's visit, New Delhi has welcomed the US announcement while Pakistan interior ministerhas stated that there is no official communication by the US through diplomatic channels and expressed his inability to pass comments..