BRAZZAVILLE - More than 282 people have died after a series of explosions at an arsenal , which occurred earlier thismonth in the Republic of Congo , said Saturday an official .
Pierre Moussa said the death toll rose because the crews have found more bodies revision in the capital. He said the toll could still rise.
The authorities had previously reported that at least 246 people died in the blasts of March 4.
Moussa said that these gangs have been collected and destroyed more than 16 tons of ammunition.
The explosions began having seen a fire at a weapons cache inside the military barracks, triggering a deadly rain of grenades, mortar rounds, rockets and missiles.