While it seems that everyone in the mainstream Obama-friendly media wants to only talk about contraception and abortion these days, the fact is that they are failing to tell Americans the real story about the dire situation that millions of households find themselves in today. After three years of failed economic policies, the media has not done it's due diligence and are in many ways complicit by treating this information as if it was top secret only.
While they want you to believe that somehow the economy is getting better and that there is no need to worry about soaring gas prices or our unmanageable debt, Americans are not feeling any of it as indicated by recent polls that suggest that the president is doing a poor job of handling our economy and are not happy with his energy policies.
The real numbers bear this out.
You will not hear or see any of these numbers reported by the Mainstream media:
1. 27,000,000 - The real number of unemployed or underemployed Americans as of today. That number does not include people that have given up looking for work or lost hope of finding a job.
2. 15,505,000,000,000 - Fifteen trillion dollars - the amount of our National Debt. This number represents a real threat to our short-term economic health as well as to that of future generations. I will be responsible for $208,301 of this debt. Check here to see how much will be your share.
3. 1,700,000,000,000 - 1.7 Trillion dollars - this is the actual cost to fund Obamacare over the next 10 years. More than double what the original price tag was said to be by the president and his administration. Oops!
4. 47,000,000 - 47 million - this is the number of people that are currently relying on food stamps today. A direct result of people not having jobs or the means to put food on the table.
5. 16,000,000 - Sixteen million Americans - the number of Americans living below the poverty line. This represents 16% of the population.
6. 4,853,000 - This is the cost per job for each of the 3,545 or so permanent green energy jobs created under Obama's Green Energy Program. This works out to about 17 billion dollars or about half the 38 billion that was set aside for the program.
7. 830,000,000 - The number of barrels of oil that could be flowing into the US from Canada if the President had approved the Keystone XL Pipeline Project. With gasoline set to hit the $5.00 a gallon mark in many states, you have to scratch your head on this one. This is the type of pocket book issue that hits Americans directly in the pocket. Under this administration, the price has doubled, and may triple before November.
8. 43 - Number of Jobs bills rejected by Harry Reid and the Democratic led Senate. These are the same folks that prolonged the passage of a budget for more than three years. Their inaction indicates that they are only interested in increasing the debt ceiling and passing on bigger tax burden to future generations.
9. 108 - The number of Obama fundraisers to date since announcing his run for a second term. We have a president that has basically abandoned his duty to lead for more than a year at one of the worst economic junctures our country has endured in along time. So when, the press says things like, the president understands your pain, you will know better.
10. 234 - This is the number of days remaining til election day November 2012. Pay close attention to this date if you do not want a repeat of numbers 1-9.
If you like writing about U.S. politics and the 2012 campaign, enter "The American Pundit" competition. Allvoices is awarding four $250 prizes each month between now and November. These monthly winners earn eligibility for the $5,000 grand prize, to be awarded after the November election.