Criminal Paradise
Linkedin

Criminal Paradise

Kōbe : Japan | Mar 15, 2012 at 7:48 AM PDT
XX XX
Views: Pending
 

Japan has become riddled with corruption and crime that at first glance as a tourist you never realize what is around you. Then again if you are a local then over time you have grown use to the sights and it all become just another day in beautiful Japan. Unlike most countries in the world is you are the criminal and can play the game hide and seek better than the police well then probably after 15 to 25 years of hiding out you are home free.

The other problem with the Japanese crime rate is most of it can be covered up by front business and the uncountable gray or rather fuzzy business laws. What complicates this problem even more is that the majority of Japanese are very reluctant to change things or speaking up because they have a cultural sense not to, in a nice way hurt others feelings and avoid conflict. Of course a greater majority of Japanese politians don't want to change anything because they are getting their hands greased by the syndicates. So in all crime stay on their side and citizens on their smaller side.

Unlike the rest of the world where gambling whether legal or illegal it is mostly those who are well to do in life, rich or totally crazy that enjoy this pass time. According to Japanese Law gambling is illegal (found under the section for gambling) but, later in the section for licensing it states as long as gambling is licensed it is legal. This in itself is a little confusing, what further blows the mind is the fact that nearly all of Japanese gamblers would fall into the lower income class. Gambling hall are not just in the big city but can be found throughout Japan including little towns. Nearly all if not all gambling hall are run by the local crime syndicates, so the easiest theft in the world. Instead of Robin Hood we have Sheriff of Nottingham, steal from the poor and line the pockets of the civil officials.

Nearly anywhere you go in Japan you can find a red light district. Under Japanese Law prostitution is illegal only if there is a pimp involved. Interesting concept because you always see darkened glassed SUVs hanging around these places and rarely does anyone step out of the car. Here too we are not talking just prostitution, we are also talking about international things too, such as human trafficking and narcotics. If you have ever wandered into a Japanese red light district would might shutter to find out the nearly 80 percent are Chinese, while the other 20 percent are a mix of Korean, South East Asian and Filipinos.

Japan seems to also have become a safe haven for home grown terrorist and criminal syndicates to have drug war in the streets. One of the strangest stories I had come across was a domestic terrorist, one of the most wanted men in Japan, tried to turn himself in on New Years Eve and was turned away by a police officer who thought the man was joking. Another case is when two Kyushu crime syndicates went to war in Fukuoka and Saga. The police instead of dealing with the problem as they should they decided to call in the largest crime syndicate in Japan the Yamaguchi Gumi to negotiate a cease fire.

It is widely known in Japan that rape and child sexual abuse is ramped crimes in the country. The only problem only 25 percent are reported to the police and of the cases report nearly 99 percent are now cold cases.

This is a very sad case for the future of such a beautiful country and people to suffer. As the economy weakens so does the crime rate go on the raise.

UnderHunter is based in Kōbe, Hyōgo, Japan, and is a Stringer on Allvoices.
Report Credibility
 
  • Clear
  • Share:
  • Share
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
 
 
 
Advertisement
 

More From Allvoices

Report Your News Got a similar story?
Add it to the network!

Or add related content to this report

Most Commented Reports



Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.