This 2012, the hit reality talent search, American Idol, has reached the top 13. On Wednesday, March 07, 2012, the male singers sang
The 16-year-old Filipino-Mexican contestant Jessica Sanchez rendered the late Houston's "I Will Always Love You" and she left the judges and audience in awe. She continued to make waves and received a standing ovation.
After her performance, called her "one of the best talents in the whole country". was left speechless and had nothing much to say. "Just just amazing," she started. Lastly, exclaimed "Jessica, you may be the one. You just made 40 million people cry".
Even "Idol" alumnus , who sang "I Will Always Love You" during the tribute to Houston at this year's Grammy Awards, posted a positive tweet about her performance.
In an earlier interview, Sanchez disclosed that she liked and Beyonce. And among Filipino singers, she expressed her appreciation for 's style of singing.
Who is Jessica Sanchez? She was born and is a student from San Diego. Her Filipino mom, Editha, is from Bataan, Philippines. Her dad, Gilbert, a Mexican-American, originally hailed from Texas, USA. She is the eldest daughter in the family. She has not been in the Philippines yet, but she knows the words 'mahal kita (i love you)'. Moreover, she first joined “America’s Got Talent” when she was only 11 years old. Check out her renditions of "I Will Always Love You" and "Love You I Do".
Here is the list of the top 13 contestants and the songs they have entertained the American Idol season 11 fans with.
1. Jessica Sanchez, "I Will Always Love You"
2. Hollie Cavanagh, "All the Man That I Need"
3. Skylar Laine, "Where Do Broken Hearts Go"
4. Joshua Ledet, "I Wish"
5. Phillip Phillips, "Superstition"
6. Heejun Han, "All in Love is Fair"
7. Deandre Brackensick, "Master Blaster"
8. Colton Dixon, "Lately"
9. , "Knocks Me Off My Feet"
10. Erika Van Pelt, "I Believe in You and Me"
11. Shannon Magrane, "I Have Nothing"
12. Elise Testone, "I'm Your Baby Tonight"
13. Jeremy Rosado, "Ribbon in the Sky"