(Video) Girl, 3, Survives After Doctors Removed 37 Powerful Magnets She Swallowed

(Video) Girl, 3, Survives After Doctors Removed 37 Powerful Magnets She Swallowed

Portland : OR : USA | Mar 05, 2012 at 4:07 PM PST
Views: Pending
girl swallows magnets

Three-year-old Payton Bushnell was making a full a full recovery appearing unmindful of the fact she could have died from the 37 high-powered magnets she swallowed which doctors removed in frantic surgery at a hospital in Portland, the Mail said.

Payton's parents Kelli and Aaron Bushnell said little Payton mistook the silver Buckyball magnets for tiny toppings she often used to decorate cupcakes at home.

Sandy Nipper, a registered nurse from Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel, said the magnets had snapped the girl’s intestines together ripping three holes in her intestine and one in her stomach.

According to a Canadian health information site, swallowing even just two magnets could prove fatal because they literally travel through the intestines until they link up creating blockage and slowly tear through intestinal walls.

Mrs. Bushnell said 'If we had any idea what those magnets could have done to our daughter's intestines I would have never had them in our house.'


1 of 2
Payton Bushnell, 3, swallows 37 powerful Buckyball magnets that formed a ring in her stomach, threatening her life.
dunite is based in Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines, and is an Anchor on Allvoices.
Report Credibility
  • Clear
  • Share:
  • Share
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear

News Stories






More From Allvoices

Report Your News Got a similar story?
Add it to the network!

Or add related content to this report

Most Commented Reports

Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.