Carmen Rowe, 25, from Swansea was hospitalised for three days after using the Clairol 'Nice n' Easy' natural black colour.
She was temporarily blinded when her face swelled up "like a football" following a severe reaction to hair dye. She had tested the colour dye 48 hrs before applying.
She said: “when I woke up and my head was so swollen I couldn’t see. I was blind. It looked like half my head had been pumped up like a football".
Swelling was eventually reduced after having a combination of antibiotics and steroids.But again she was admitted with repeated swellings and rashes.
Carmen has lost her job due to absence because of her treatment.
According to the doctors allergic reaction is due to the Paraphenylenediamine ,a normal chemical constituent of a dye.
Firm clairol yet to comment on the incident