The artist of 43 years reported physical problems through her website on Tuesday. "I tried to sing in my soundcheck last week and had no control over my voice in any way," said.
Canadian singerconcert suspended in Las Vegas (USA) for at least six weeks because of problems with one of her vocal cords.
The artist of 43 years reported physical problems through her website on Tuesday, news that has transpired on Thursday in the U.S. media.
"I tried to sing in my soundcheck last week and had no control over my voice at all. We think that after a few days off but it did not improve. Imagine it's worse than I thought," said Dion , who decided to travel to Los Angeles to be in the hands of a specialist.
The singer of "My Heart Will Go On" confided his rehab Dr. Gerald Berke, UCLA Medical Center and considered a leader in the field of laryngology.
"I'm lucky to be able to visit Professor Berke. Has identified what was causing the problems I had and assured me that the rest period prescribed I would be back to 100 percent," he confessed that Dion will be out for between 6 and 8 weeks.
The singer was diagnosed with "weakness in her right vocal cord derived from a viral illness" and had to cancel the action that was scheduled for March 18.
"Obviously this is the worst thing for a singer, not being able to do their shows. I feel worse knowing that I am letting down my fans. I'm sorry, I hope you will forgive me," he said apologetically.
Dion returned to Las Vegas in 2011 with a new permanent show after an initial stay between 2003 and 2007.
The Canadian signed a three-year contract to perform at the Auditorium Hotel and Casino Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada, but hopes to extend her stay a few years, as told Efe in an interview in January.
Dion is scheduled to resume her concerts for the summer with performances from 9 June to 19 August 2012.