An explosion in the Orchid Resort in Phuket in Karon Beach left 10 Thais and 26 foreigners injured. Fortunately, no lives were lost in the explosion.
Reports suggest that the explosion was not that of any bomb but it apparently occurred from accumulated chlorine gas coming in contact with some cleaning agent inside a tank.
The symptoms of the chlorine gas poisoning were coughing and difficulty in breathing apart from sore throats and headaches.
One of those affected is a pregnant woman and special care is being taken for her. She is administered oxygen.
The man who maintains the swimming pools in the resort had been on the job for the past 20-years and had never faced such a situation.