London Hotels Insight recently inspected Radisson Edwardian Guildford's meetings and event spaces to see if they complied with our rigorous criteria.
(TRAVPR.COM) UNITED KINGDOM - February 7th, 2012 - London Hotels Insight recently announced a free service to offer companies expert advice in selecting the very best conference venues in London and the surrounding area.
To develop this new service, London Hotels Insight is currently accepting invitations from hotels to visit their meeting facilities - but only if they meet the prerequisite of having unlimited free WiFi for their guests. After recently inspecting the meeting facilities of Radisson Edwardian Heathrow, the London Hotels Insight blogging team was invited to take a tour of the meeting rooms in the Guildford property of the same luxury hotel group.
London Hotels Insight has observed that more and more companies are choosing to hold their meetings outside central London.
This may be partly related to the natural advantages of leaving one's usual surroundings to inspire employees and executives for team-building purposes, since a change of environment often triggers an extra level of creative inspiration. But it's important that a meeting venue is still easy to reach from the city centre and not completely isolated.
Guildford is less than 30 minutes from central London by train and also has good road connections via the M3 and M25 motorways. It's a charming market town which is increasingly on the radar of companies seeking Surrey conference venues.
The London Hotels Insight venue inspection team noted the following during a recent visit:
- Complimentary WiFi is provided throughout the hotel, along with High Definition LCD screens and fully-integrated audio-visual equipment. This makes the hotel's 7 purpose-built function rooms (which can accommodate up to 400 people for a cocktail reception or 200 seated) easy to use, giving companies extra peace of mind that their meetings will be hitch-free. Since the hotel only opened its doors a few months ago, not many Surrey conference venues can match the state-of-the-art equipment which comes as standard at the Radisson Edwardian Guildford.
- Radisson Edwardian Hotels also operates as a socially-responsible organisation with its green meetings philosophy designed to help reduce the environmental impact of meetings. For example, its food and beverage offer is based on locally sourced produce made with carefully selected ingredients, often from the local farmers’ market.
- Unlike other Guildford wedding venues, this one is located right off the town’s historic cobblestoned High Street, thereby potentially offering the best of both worlds: a chic and modern design in the environs of a historic market town.
- The Radisson Edwardian Guildford specialises in giving its meeting clients uncompromising service that anticipates but never assumes – with scenic views of the Surrey Hills in the backdrop. Equipped for business but designed for relaxation, the hotel’s great location allows guests to make a weekend out of their stay while remaining connected at all times. The hotel is a “destination venue” rather than a hideaway: if executives don’t want to be confined to their hotel with their colleagues, they can go sightseeing, take a historic walk, go hiking or shop at one of the nearby upscale boutiques.
- For those looking for some respite after a busy working day, the Radisson Edwardian Guildford is ideal for combining business with pleasure thanks to its inspiring decor and top-notch spa as well as a cocktail bar and restaurants that would not be out of place. The aim is to make business guests feel invigorated and refreshed as well as highly productive - almost as if they were on holiday rather than on a business trip.
- Guests and conference attendees find it easy to choose something of their liking in one of the two hotel restaurants which happen to be two of the top Guildford restaurants: Relish serves traditional British favourites while MKB specialises in Mediterranean cuisine and delicious cocktails.
London Hotels Insight concludes that the Radisson Edwardian is a great choice as a Surrey conference venue thanks to its location, unlimited free WiFi, state-of-the-art equipment, guest-friendly service and progressive meetings philosophy. There is also the added benefit that once delegates are in Guildford they can extend their visit to a weekend stay - at a rate which offers excellent value for money compared to central London.