Today, located in Hotel Santika, Jakarta, Indonesia, seven best works from the year of 2011 has been chosen by the Aliansi Jurnalis Independen (AJI) or The Alliance of Independent Journalists.
The Apresiasi Jurnalis Jakarta (AJJ) 2011, or the Appreciation for Jakarta’s Journalists 2011 will be granted to appreciate and motivate journalists to create higher standard, original and more influential works.
Wahyu Dhyatmika, chairman of AJI Jakarta stated, “We do hope that this selection would motivate journalists to create better journalistic pieces in term of quality.”
The juries for this award selection are Riza Primadi, Salomo Simanungkalit, Heru Hendratmoko, Farid Gaban, Kemal Jufri and Rommy Fibri. Each work are chosen objectively without knowing the journalist and media’s identities.
Kemal Jufi stated, “In my opinion the ‘Tidur di Jakarta’ essay photo is a work which came up from a very simple theme in Jakarta city’s daily life, but it was made with a very creative, original, smart and humorous approach, combined with the smooth composition and the sensitiveness in picking up the right moment,”
Here are the winners from each category, along with their works, chosen from 22 nomination pieces from television, 26 nomination pieces from radio, 10 nomination pieces from print/online media and 46 nomination pieces from photo category:
· Feature/in depth reporting goes to Ahmad Arief (KOMPAS), “Toba Mengubah Dunia” (Toba Changes the World – red.).
· Print media’s investigation goes to Wahyu Dhyatmika (TEMPO), “Asuransi Hampa Pahlawan Devisa” (Empty Insurance for the State’s Income Hero).
· Television media’s Feature/in depth reporting for television media goes to Widyaningsih (KOMPAS TV), “Terkepung Asap Polusi” (Surrounded by the Pollution’s Smoke).
· Television media’s investigation goes to Agung Prasetyo (MNC TV), “Semprotan Racun Kimia di Ikan Asin” (Chemical Poison Splashes on Salted Fishes).
· Radio media’s feature/in depth reporting goes to Irvan Imamsyah (KBR 68H), “Menelusuri Penyerang Cikeusik” (Tracing for the Cikeusik Attacker).
· Photo stories goes to Aditia Noviansyah (Koran TEMPO), “Tidur di Jakarta” (Sleep in Jakarta).
· Single photo goes to M. Agung Rajasa, “Razia PMKS” (PMKS Raid).
The Awards granted during the Journalists Gathering for Freedom of the Press event. This award granted annually by AJI Jakarta to motivate journalists in creating higher standard pieces.
Flag It Spam Adult Content Plagiarism Insufficient Quality Wrong Category Select the Right Category About Writing Autos Books Business Computers Creative Writing Domestic Gaming General Health Internet Movies Music News Offbeat Pets Poetry Recipes Religion Science Short Stories Society Sports Television Travel Women