During the 2012 GOP Primary process, former Massachusetts governorhas made five major verbal gaffes over the past few months that has kept his campaign in neutral. Let's recap these verbal errors.
1. "I'm unemployed as well." In a vain attempt to show that he relates to the over 8% of the US population that is unemployed, he threw this quote out there as a joke. If he is elected as President, then he will have no compassion to even look to solve the unemployment crisis within the USA.
2. The $10,000 bet. To prove that Texas Gov.misquoted something out of Romney's book, Romney wanted to bet Gov. Perry ten thousand dollars. Romney probably gained support from those who love to gamble, but do you want this person gambling with the US economy?
3. "I wondered whether I was going to get a pink slip." At Bain Capital, he never had to worry about obtaining a pink slip. As governor of Massachusetts, he never had to worry about securing a pink slip. Once again, his attempt to connect with the unemployed fell by the wayside.
4. "I like firing people." I know that the quote was taken out of context. However, the other verbal gaffes magnified this statement. With him saying that he liked to fire people was a subconscious slip of the tongue. He really likes to fire people.
What he was really talking about was if someone wanted to change their health insurance from one provider to another. This quote was another vain attempt to connect with the working class because they do not have the resources to change their health care provider. Usually, a person has to deal with the health care insurance provided by the employer.
Furthermore, he should not have even went down this bunny trail about health care insurance because of the state-run healthcare that was established in Massachusetts while he was governor. This state plan eventually became the template of the Affordable Healthcare Act of 2010. This bad quote reminded people of how bad of a governor he was in Massachusetts.
5. "My income tax rate is probably closer to 15 percent than anything." At a time in which Americans are whining and complaining about tax rates is at its apex in US history, former Gov. Romney gave some insight on why he was anxious over releasing his tax returns.
However, the real reason that he does not want his previous tax returns to be released because it will show the millions he has given to the Mormon Church. The Mormons make up about 2% of the US population, but their beliefs are really wack. This tax information would pit him against the other 98 percent of the population that clearly knows that Mormonism is a bogus religion.
With all of these gaffes, Romney's campaign really needs for him to stay on message or he will not win the 2012 GOP Primary. Imagine if Romney went against Pres. Obama in Presidential debates. Romney would definitely make some more verbal gaffes that would mean that all of the money poured into his campaign would go to naught. These gaffes and his lack of movement in national GOP polls prove that his campaign is definitely the worst in the Republican race. If you are a Republican voter, then vote for anyone except for former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney.