The commander of Syrian armed rebels said that he was dissatisfied with Arab monitors' progress in halting a military crackdown on protests and threatened to wait only a few days before escalating operations with a new style of attack, alarabiya news reported.
According to the Syrian National Council (SNC) official website ,the head of the Free Syrian Army, Colonel Riad al-Asaad said :If we feel they (the monitors) are still not serious in a few days, or at most within a week, we will take a decision which will surprise the regime and the whole world
Last Saturday,Colonel Riyad al-Assad told Reuters that the Free Syrian Army has halted all military activity against pro-government troops to let the Arab League observers visit volatile Syrian cities and supervise the way the country’s government is complying with the Arab League peace plan.He also noted that more people are dying as a result actions of by the government troops and that the number of casualties has reached more than 50 people a day.
Meanwhile, Free Syrian Army insist that Iranian mercenaries are trying to help the Syrian regime in the suppression of the uprising. A brigade of the "Free Army" had taken five Iranian hostage, said Colonel Abd al-Razaq Tlass, one of the commanders of the rebels in the city of Homs.
The Free Syrian Army have shown a German reporter the Iranian passports and identity cards. They were dressed as civilians, but were taken up in a combat zone, said Tlass. According to him, the five were also appear in images wearing military uniforms. The Syrian rebels claim these five Iranians are actually officers in the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.
The Iranian embassy in Damascus announced last month that the five Iranians were technicians working in a power plant in Syria. Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast on Wednesday called for their release, saying "according to the latest information we have…they are in good health."
On Tuesday, an unknown group calling itself "The Movement against Shiite tide in Syria" claimed responsibility for kidnapping the five Iranians, adding "we take upon ourselves the task of detecting and hit all the forms of support provided by both Iran andto the offender." The statement said that the kidnapping is a "first warning to Iran and Hezbollah for their continued support of the Syrian regime in suppressing the revolt."