McLean, VA – December 15, 2011 – Vitamin and Magnesium Intravenous Infusions (IVs) can provide a quick and vigorous boost to your immune system, enhancing your body's ability to heal itself and maintain its optimal level of health. Dr. Gary Kaplan, DO, founder and director of The Kaplan Center for Integrative Medicine in Mclean, VA, says, “I prescribe Vitamin and Magnesium IVs for a variety of reasons, one of which is to help shorten the duration of acute illnesses, such as colds and flu.” Oral supplements do not always work, as some people are not able to absorb these vitamins. IV’s on the other hand deliver important nutrients, such as Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin D, and B Vitamins, directly where they are needed most: your cells.
In addition to helping to boost your immune system during the cold & flu season, Vitamin IVs can:
· Accelerate tissue regeneration and protect against secondary infections when taken prior to and immediately following surgery;
· Help to diminish many of the symptoms associated with chronic pain and illness including muscle and joint pain, asthma, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, cholesterol levels, diabetes and hypoglycemia, fatigue, fibromyalgia, headaches, and premenstrual syndrome;
· Help support your immune system throughout arduous medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation;
· Assist with the body's detoxification process, removing toxins such as heavy metals and harmful biologic agents from tissue; and
· Restore the body’s vitamin and mineral levels to obtain optimal health.
“Very often symptoms of a vitamin or magnesium deficiency are similar to many chronic and acute illnesses and therefore many doctors may neglect to check these levels.” Dr. Kaplan explains. “If you are coping with chronic pain, illness, or an injury for an extended period of time, and it seems that you have come to a halt in your health improvement, you may have a vitamin or magnesium deficiency.”
Vitamins and minerals are the building blocks of good health, and without them, the body's ability to mend itself is undermined. Increasing your body's vitamin and mineral levels also can help you avoid illness and make a faster, stronger recovery if you do come down with a cold or flu.
About The Kaplan Center for Integrative Medicine: The Kaplan Center for Integrative Medicine offers comprehensive solutions to individuals suffering with chronic pain and illness. Our physicians are board-certified in areas of medicine critical to treating chronic pain and illness, including: Family Medicine, Pain Medicine, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine/Osteopathic Medicine, and Medical Acupuncture. The Kaplan Center's team of care providers combines the best of conventional medicine with the best alternative practices to address longstanding pain and illness and to help individuals attain optimal health for life. To learn more about The Kaplan Center for Integrative Medicine, visit the website at www.kaplanclinic.com.