Breivik read articles on the massacre at Utoya and Oslo
Linkedin

Breivik read articles on the massacre at Utoya and Oslo

Oslo : Norway | Dec 12, 2011 at 10:41 AM PST
By
XX XX
Views: Pending
 
Breivik declared

The perpetrator of the massacre in Oslo and on the island Utoya Behring Anders Breivik on Tuesday will have access to the media - reported local media. With the abolishment of the existing legal ban gets binder with articles on his person and the events of July 22.

According to a November court decision, 32-year-old will be able to watch TV, listen to the radio and read newspapers. Access to the media he was deprived by 143 days in jail, where he is staying after the murder of 77 people - like the daily "Verdens Gang".

- The most wants to watch TV. We stopped and also some newspaper clippings, which of course it will pass - Breivik said the lawyer, Geir Lippestad NRK public television.

- Just like other prisoners, Breivik will have access to some newspapers, the most popular television programs and radio - said the plant manager Knut Bjarkeid.

In addition to lifting the ban on media access to court Nov. 14 also decided to abolish the prohibition of correspondence. It was changed to control the correspondence, so Breivik received about 300 letters.

From 9 January 2012 will have the right Breivikowi admission visits. However, if the perpetrator of the attacks was willing to meet with anyone. - Design of the visit also did not raise him no member of the family, but expressed his willingness to such old friends - said Lippestad.

At the end of November, two court-appointed psychiatrists found to be insane Breivik, explaining that "he lives in his own imaginary universe and the universe is ruled by his thoughts and deeds." Norwegian prosecutors acknowledged that such an opinion of psychiatrists may mean that Breivik will not be sentenced to prison.

He confessed to the attacks in Oslo and on the island Utoya, but it feels not to commit a crime. He says that as commander of the Norwegian resistance movement opposed to multiculturalism. The investigation did not confirm the existence of such a movement. It was found that the most likely planned Breivik and conducted attacks on their own.

July 22 Breivik shot on the island Utoya 69 youth participants in the camp of the Labour Party. Previously hidden in a car detonated explosives, killing eight people downtown Oslo.

You should also see : Breivik further restrictions lifted

1 of 1
Breivik
Breivik way from court to jail in July 2011. Reuters photo
amagda is based in London, England, United Kingdom, and is a Reporter for Allvoices.
Report Credibility
 
  • Clear
  • Share:
  • Share
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
 
 
 
Advertisement
 

News Stories

 

Blogs

 >

Images

 >
 
  • Breivik way from court to jail in July 2011. Reuters photo

    Breivik

More From Allvoices

Report Your News Got a similar story?
Add it to the network!

Or add related content to this report



Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.