According to the Associated Press,the Libyan information minister said that Saif Islam Gaddafi will be tried at home and will not be handed over to the International Criminal Court in The Hague and Libya's National Transitional Council will discuss its decision with the ICC's chief prosecutor when he visits Libya on Monday.
Meanwhile, more details about Seif al-Islam's capture emerged on Sunday,a rebel in Libya said his colleagues cut off three fingers of the right hand of Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, following a threat he maded against them with his finger during a TV speech.
The rebel named Abdullah from Zlitan said he personally witnessed the "cut off of Saif al-Islam's fingers."
Yesterday, Saif al-Islam told Reuters that he was in good health, and he was wounded in his right hand during an air raid of NATO a month ago. Asked in an interview by a Reuters reporter on the plane that took him to the city of Zlitan whether he feels that he is okay, he said: "Yes."
Saif al-Islam spoke briefly on the bandages his three fingers saying only it was as a result of a NATO raid.
Interim Justice Minister Mohammed al-Alagi told The Associated Press that Seif al-Islam and his three armed companions were detained deep in Libya's desert Friday night by revolutionary forces from the mountain town of Zintan who had been tracking him for days.
The international community said the treatment of Seif al-Islam would be an important test for the role of rule of law in post-Gadhafi Libya and key to reconciliation efforts, regardless of where he is tried.