After the 18-year-old from Gothenburg last summer, was drafted by the New York Islanders in the second round, it has happened a lot. Training Tournament Hockey Junior Evaluation Camp with junior crowns in Lake Placid in August was a success for Johan Sundström. According to Internet sites swedishislander.worldpress.com was the Islanders talangscouters lyrical about Sundstrom's game and compared him to the maximum draft players in the U.S..
Sundstrom returned to Gothenburg with enhanced confidence and soon heard the Islanders off to Frölunda talent.
- They wanted me to come and train with them on the club's campus which is right now. But I have a year left on contract with Frolunda and the Islanders do not want to ruin his relationship with Frölunda, Sundstrom says that for exactly one year ago was moved up in Frölunda's A-squad.
- This is my dream, what I hoped for ten years. It was not long ago I ran down here and begged clubs of Kahn Mountain, "Freddan", Tol and the others. Now I share the dressing room with my idols. I still find it difficult to take everything that happened, says squad's youngest player.
Sundstrom has not hurry. To risk everything he has built up, for a move right now, has never really been an issue.
- There are not many who are like, it's just. Of course it's hard to say no to an NHL deal, but the risk that you do not fit or is broken down mentally is pretty big and I want to be as well prepared as possible if it were to happen, says Sundstrom.
NHL adventure may therefore be expected.Now it Frölunda applicable.
- It's probably not everyone understands how much time and
hard work you put in for that one day standing here. Now once I had the chance I will not fritter it away.
This evening, waiting Brynäs away from home and coach Kent Johansson has great respect for the opposition.
- They have started well and won by the HV71. There will be no easy task. We should not focus so much on their game.We must continue to work hard.
Frölunda lend junior hill Oliver Bohm to Almtuna until further notice.Bohm will train with Almtuna from now.
Last summer he was drafted by the New York Islanders and the NHL club would have preferred that he come over. But Johan Sundström think of Frölunda and their idols.